About us

Thomas Delaney came from Kildare in 1917 to set up a bicycle shop at Harold’s Cross Bridge.

At the back of the shop, in a location then bordering the countryside, he and his wife reared three boys and a girl while building up the business which has supported generations of Delaney’s since.

brosToday’s bicycle shop, which is now run by Thomas’s great-grandsons, Paul and Brian, still carries the name T. Delaney & Son, has a betting office to one side, a photographic studio on the other and traffic coming from four directions in front.

Inside, where the heady smells of rubber, oil and grease betray a serious bicycle shop, the entire ground floor, and Thomas Delaney’s one-time home, is taken up with the business.

The shop is an Aladdin’s cave of hanging wheels and tyres, helmets, oil in cans and bicycle gear of all kinds.